Thursday, 28 April 2016

Jocs Florals

The following are the Jocs Florals winning texts of our Secondary students: as you can see, they are great artists:

THE SPACE

I would like to go to space
With a big rocket
It’s different from any place
And it’s so big that the earth can be in your pocket.

Gravity doesn’t exist
So in the air you float
Sometimes you make a twist
Or get dizzy like in a boat.

The best is seeing our galaxy
With the planets and the stars
And see our nationality
That is the neighbour of Mars.

The moon is rocky and grey
And has got a flag
Another! They say
And it’s in our bag.


Cristina Martínez Bravo 1st ESO

THE MYSTERIOUS BOX
Yesterday, I received a mysterious box. It looked like the Super Mario box: yellow and with a question mark. There was a letter on it.
It said:
Dear customer,
We know you’re a big fan of Nintendo. We sent some games for you, but it seems like all the other mysterious boxes have disappeared.
Hope you enjoy the games,
Nintendo
I wasn’t sure of what I would find if I opened that box, but I was curious, so I tried, but opening it or cutting it didn’t work. I left the box in the corner of my room while I was thinking of safe ways to open that strange thing. Finally, I thought something extreme but, even if it was a little bit dangerous, I tried. I smashed the box against the floor. It didn’t work. I gave up, because I was tired of thinking about it, so I played Mario Bros. then the successful idea came: hit it with your head! Few moments later it opened. There was a red and white mushroom. When I was about to eat it, I suddenly fell off my bed. Was it all a dream or not? While I was thinking about the dream, I saw the box.

Le Luo Wang 2nd ESO

AN IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
I had a dream, an impossible dream.
Peace. The dream of peace-
It's only a desire- A light that disappears.
Like us. It's born to die.

It's useless to look away. Grief will find you-
Even there are high walls and deep oceans. 
It wants heaven, only a freedom place.
How many wars do we have to live to learn?

Don't blame drugs, don't blame martians.
Don't blame each other, only blame yourself.
We can see our assassin in the mirror.
Violence to others is our own suicide.

We treat tyrans like friends, we forget their crimes.
Only for money stained with innocent's blood.
Slaves are far in distance, not in time.
We forget sorrow very easily.

Stars are crashes; red is blood and white is the shame.
There are no good or bad, only selfish criminals.
How many years are we going to survive?
Until we burn on fire in a nonsense war.

Pol Cid 3rd ESO


UNPREDICTABLE

She was from Australia, he was from Barcelona. They had been speaking for nine months on a chat and they really liked each other but the great day had finally arrived: they were going to meet in person.

She had travelled from Australia to the Catalan capital in a twenty hour flight in order to visit the city, but also in order to take advantage of the trip and of course to meet him.

Joan, the eighteen-year-old boy, went to pick her up to the airport and, when Mary first saw him, she felt like a tingle in her stomach. The two of them were so nervous that they could barely speak. They hugged but they didn’t kiss as they were quite shy. Finally, he drove her to her hotel because it was rather late.

The next day, they got together in Plaça Catalunya. At the beginning, it was a bit embarrassing –it was far easier to chat via whatsap than doing it face to face. Throughout the minutes, they started to feel more comfortable. He showed her the city and took her to the gloomy narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter. They were wondering around ancient buildings when Mary suddenly held his hand. “This will go far”, thought Joan.

− Why do you live so far?, asked Joan, desperate.
− I hate it too, replied Mary.

In the afternoon, they climbed up Carmel Mountain. On the top, there was a wonderful view of Barcelona, from where they could see the Sagrada Família and the sea at the background. They chatted until dusk. When the sun set, in front of the lights of Barcelona, they kissed for the first time and then, they could not stop: they were over the moon!

The following day, they met again. Everything was more fluent and it seemed as though they had known each other for a long time. That day, they walked along the sea promenade and, later, they had a swim.

Everything was very beautiful; it looked like a romantic film. It was even a bit cheesy. And basically, the rest of the week was like this: cheesy words, long kisses, warm hugs… And she fell in love with him and with the city and he fell in love with her as well.

And the last night arrived. All he repeated was: “Stay here with me, please.” And that night, after having dinner in an elegant restaurant, he invited her to his house. There, they made love…

It had been a beautiful week but, that bloody morning, her flight was going to take off to Australia and she was going to go back home. However, when they got out of the building to take a taxi, a car ran over Mary. She died in front of Joan. That was the most awful experience he had ever lived. In just one week, he had fallen in love with her, she had become his whole life and now she was lying dead in his arms…

What an unfortunate event and unpredictable.                                      Oriol Lapeira 4thB

No comments:

Post a Comment